Born in Bulgaria, where he began his tattooing career in 2001, Svetlyo quickly began to gain notoriety by receiving awards and appearing on television, as well as in various press publications.
In 2006, Svetlyo moved his practice to Ulricehamn, Sweden, where he opened his own tattoo shop- Dream Masters Custom Tattoos Sweden- with Mattias Lundberg. Svetlyo has since been participating in a number of European tattoo competitions, as well as working as a guest artist in some of Sweden’s most popular tattoo shops, which has led to his invitation to join the Swedish Professional Tattoo Association.
After achieving his success overseas, Svetlyo opened Dream Masters Custom Tattoos Sweden in the North Beach district of San Francisco, California. Svetlyo’s high quality of work and maintenance of strict hygiene standards based on the rules and regulations of the Swedish Professional Tattoo Association has enabled him to establish a high-end tattoo parlor with a unique style and spirit.
Awards throughout the years
-Best Tattoo Parlor in San Francisco 2016
-First Place Best Asian Tattoo in San Francisco 2015
-Best Tattoo Parlor in San Francisco 2015
-Best Tattoo Parlor in San Francisco 2014
-First Place Best Small Color Tattoo – San Francisco 2014
-Best Tattoo Parlor in San Francico 2013
-First Place for a Color Tattoo – San Francisco 2013
– First Prize for Small Color Tattoo – 2012, Body Art Expo, San Francisco
– First Prize for Small Color Tattoo – 2012, Nunez Tattoo Convention, San Francisco, Bay Area
– Best of Show – 2012, Nunez Tattoo Convention, San Francisco, Bay Area
– Second Place for Best Black and Grey – Dala tattoo convention 2008, Sweden
– Third Place for Most Realistic Tattoo – 2004, Bulgaria
– Third Place for Special Woman Tattoo – 2004, Bulgaria
– First Place for Color Tattoo – National tattoo fest 2003, Bulgaria